Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
My intention for the No New Wars organisation, and the 11/11/2018 campaign is:
- Register NoNewWars.* sites.
- Register 11112018.* sites.
- Create a blog, a wiki and a forum.
- Upload the content I have already written.
- Order some double-sided business cards promoting No New Wars on one side and Eleven Eleven Twenty-Eighteen on the other.
- Check out the opinion of friends, family and colleagues to see what they think / take feedback / see if my morale is tougher than their criticism.
- Come up with suitable catchy expressions for the No New Wars organisation and the 11112018 campaign.
- Aim to do this before 11/11/2012 (giving me about 6 weeks). (originally written about the start of Oct 2012)
- Put together a more detailed plan for publicity by 31/12/2012.
- Aim to have achieved national radio and newspaper coverage before 11/11/2013, so that politicians can have 5 years’ warning of what is coming.
- By the end of 2015 have a high UK profile.
- By the summer of 2016, have every major UK political party discuss adding the No New Wars commitment at their summer conference.
- By the end of 2016 have a profile in Western Europe and the USA.
- By the end of 2017 have a definite lobbying ability aggressively pushing the 11/11/2018 message at all UK MPs and prospective candidates. Also, able to target local councillors of major political parties.
- By 31/12/2017 have every major UK political party include a “No New Wars” commitment in its party manifesto.
- By 11/11/2018 have every major UK political party include a “No New Wars ever” commitment in its party rules.
- By 11/11/2018 have a majority of UK MPs aware their career will be over if they vote for a new war.
- By 11/11/2018 to have a functional, international, No New Wars organisation in place and actively lobbying Western Europe and the USA as a minimum.